ORBIS PARTNERS ADVISES ON THE SALE OF PEBBLES CARE TO ARDENTON CAPITAL
Established in 2003 by Luiz Guilherme, Pebbles has grown to become the largest privately-owned provider of residential care for young people in the United Kingdom. Pebbles operates from 41 residential care homes and four schools across the North of England and Scotland, providing high-acuity care and education to over 100 young people.
Orbis advised Pebbles over an 18 month period, working with the management team and shareholders to prepare the business for exit and project manage the transaction through to completion. The deal was led by Partner Shah Zaki and Associate Director Steve Nock with support from Manager Steph Mersh.
Pebbles was sold to Ardenton Capital, a global private equity business with offices in North America and the UK, for a strategic price. Ardenton intend to work closely with the Pebbles management team to support the continued roll-out of best-in-class service for young people.
Pebbles has been providing outstanding childcare for more than 16 years, so it was crucial that we found an investor who believed in maintaining the Company’s values. With their track record and expertise within the Children’s Services market, Orbis were the obvious corporate finance practice to partner with. They have lived and breathed the business throughout the transaction and have helped to deliver an excellent result.
Luiz Guilherme, Shareholder and Managing Director
Orbis spent 18 months working closely with the shareholders in order to secure a strategic price for the business. Specifically, we:
- Spent time with the shareholders to understand the unique selling points of the business and presented these in the IM
- Utilised our in-depth knowledge of the healthcare market to identify a number of strategic buyers who understood the key value drivers of the business and the potential for future growth
- Helped to produce a detailed financial model to help present Pebbles’ growth potential
- Presented the business to potential buyers, securing and negotiating multiple offers
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded
- Ensured effective liaison and communication between both parties and all advisors throughout the deal process to deliver a successful outcome
- Negotiated key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful completion of the deal
For more info: