BHSF Make Their Eighth Acquisition
Nexus Healthcare Limited (Nexus) is a London-based provider of Occupational Health and Well-being services. Headed by Dr. Stephen Sperber, the company provides occupational health advice and support, sickness absence management services, health and well-being surveillance, and legislative/regulatory advice to companies across the UK.
Clients include large and SME corporates, many well-known charities, and local and central government organisations. The company is also SEQHOS registered.
The company was incorporated in 2005 but its staff have many years of clinical and occupational health experience and a high-quality reputation in the industry.
The company was acquired by BHSF Group Limited (BHSF) in September 2016. This is BHSF’s eighth acquisition in occupational health in the last four years, and now gives BHSF full national coverage in this service across the UK and Ireland.
Malcolm Cook was originally engaged by BHSF to assist with identifying targets in this sector for BHSF and to provide acquisition support to them. When Malcolm joined Orbis, BHSF retained his services.
In relation to Nexus, Orbis were engaged by BHSF to provide a full acquisition support service and to undertake financial due diligence on the company.
- Identified Nexus as a potential target and approached them on behalf of BHSF.
- Assisted BHSF in negotiating the terms of the acquisition, culminating in agreed Heads of Agreement between the parties.
- Briefed all advisors and co-ordinated the requirements for due diligence and the legal documentation to complete the acquisition.
- Worked with BHSF to agree a formal scope for all aspects of due diligence.
- Undertook a detailed investigation of the historical, current and forecast financial performance and position of the company.
- Undertook a review of the tax affairs of the company under taxation due diligence.
- Provided regular updates to the board of BHSF.
- Co-ordinated all parties meetings.
- Project managed the acquisition process to a successful completion meeting in September 2016 when the acquisition was signed off, providing advice throughout to BHSF.