Sale of Bristow & Sutor to Sovereign Capital
Bristow & Sutor is a highly-respected nationwide judicial services and debt recovery group, founded in the 1970s. The Bristow & Sutor group employs a team of 450 staff who support the collection of commercial and local authority debt types.
I am delighted to have completed this deal for the Sutor family, having worked with them for many years identifying potential solutions. The deal with Sovereign Capital will ensure that the business is invested in for the future and ensures succession for the existing management team and longevity in the business
Gary Ecob, Partner
Orbis were retained to evaluate different options on behalf of the company and identify strategic buyers from around the World. Sovereign Capital were identified as an ideal buyer for the business, given their focus on investing in technology for the future, along with their desire to retain and augment the existing management team.
- Led a process to help the shareholders understand, evaluate and choose the deal type that best met their objectives
- Developed a management presentation and information memorandum for potential buyers of the business
- Developed a bespoke detailed forecast financial model and business plan for presentation to funders
- Selected private equity firms to fund the transaction
- Negotiated the transaction including price, deal & equity structure
- Prepared the business for due diligence and supported the vendor through the process
- Worked in conjunction with the lawyers to agree the SPA, articles and investment agreement
- Project managed the deal through to a successful conclusion