Management buyout of a leading transport management solutions business
Microlise designs and provides customised transport management solutions which result in increased utilisation & productivity, reduced fleet & operational costs, improved customer service, driver safety & fuel economy and ultimately lower CO2 emissions for transportation customers.
Microlise’s customers operate globally and operate in a range of transportation sectors, including; Retail distribution, Home delivery, Third Party Logistics, Parcels, Petrochemical, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical and Aggregates. Automotive & construction equipment partners also use Microlise core technology to power their own tracking & telematics solutions.
The executive team’s long-term objective is to make Microlise the number one global vendor in its sector. We have a great team.
Nadeem Raza, Managing Director
Orbis worked closely with the management team to lead a deal to secure the business, agreeing an appropriate deal and funding structure and then identifying and securing equity and debt funding for the projects. Orbis also invested alongside the management team.
- Worked with the management team to understand key drivers and growth opportunities presented by the business
- Developed a detailed, integrated profit and cash forecast and business plan
- Approached and introduced debt funders, along with property players to assess the opportunity for a sale and leaseback arrangement on the company’s premises.
- Introduced a CEO to work with the management team to drive and implement the agreed growth strategy
- Worked alongside the business’ tax advisor to ensure the transaction was structured and completed in the most tax efficient manner
- Worked alongside the legal team to negotiate suitable legal agreements