ORBIS PARTNERS ADVISE NFP ON THEIR ACQUISITION OF JOHNSON FLEMING
NFP, a US-headquartered, private equity owned insurance broker and consultant has acquired both Johnson Fleming Group (“JFG”) and Johnson Fleming Future Life Planning (“JFFLP”) (together “Johnson Fleming”). Orbis advised NFP on the transaction.
Johnson Fleming is a pensions specialist and employee benefits and group risk adviser to employers and pension arrangement members with a specific focus on consultancy, administration, and engagement.
NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant that provide employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions. The group has more than 3,000 employees and has global capabilities.
We are thrilled to welcome Johnson Fleming to the NFP family as we further expand our U.K. footprint. The team brings expertise, capabilities, and relationships in the benefits and pension markets that will elevate our scale and create new paths for growth. I look forward to their energy, insight, and collaboration, all of which will bring additional value to our clients.
Matt Pawley, NFP Senior Vice President
We were delighted to work on this project with NFP which enabled us to provide an effective combination of acquisition support, strategic advice and due diligence services. We look forward to working with NFP as part of their further growth and development in the future.
Orbis were engaged by NFP to undertake both financial due diligence on Johnson Fleming and to provide acquisition support services.
- Worked with NFP to agree a formal scope for the due diligence
- Undertook a detailed investigation of the historical, current and forecast financial performance and position of Johnson Fleming
- Worked closely with NFP to form a view on underlying trading of the business as well as advising on a normal level of working capital and the net debt at completion
- Advised NFP throughout the acquisition process on issues arising in relation to the deal
- Presented a written report to NFP on the conclusions and findings of our work
- Worked in conjunction with the lawyers to agree on SPA issues
- Assisted NFP with post-acquisition support.
We were referred to Orbis by one of our professional partners and we never looked back. We are a lean management team and required a partner that could both provide the in-depth analysis that the deal required, but was also able to hold our hand through the process. The team at Orbis were extremely thorough and insightful but most of all, they presented the information and discussed the issues in a strategic and pragmatic way. Orbis made the numbers come to life for us and this didn’t just help us during the deal process but also in our design and implementation of a post deal strategy. We have started a new project and didn’t think twice about working with anyone else.