ORBIS ADVISES ON THE CROSS-BORDER SALE OF UNITED MOULDERS TO DREW MARINE INC
Orbis Partners were engaged by International Process Technologies (IPT) to identify a trade buyer for its subsidiary company, United Moulders. Working with our partners, Clairfield International, we identified and approached New Jersey based Drew Marine (“Drew”) as a suitable buyer, with a sale completed to them in August 2017 for an undisclosed sum.
United Moulders designs, markets and sells inflation systems and ancillary products to marine life jacket manufacturers worldwide. Outside of the USA, it is the market leader in non-aviation inflation systems and the sole supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, generating annual turnover approaching £5 million.
Drew is a global leader providing a range of technical solutions and services to the marine industry. Supported by a worldwide supply chain and network of service engineers represented at more than 900 ports, the business has an impressive portfolio of products and services.
United Moulders has joined the ACR Electronics business of Drew which designs and manufactures cutting edge rescue beacons and survival products for the marine, aviation, outdoor and military markets, providing an excellent strategic and operational fit.
The advice given by Orbis, along with their professional approach to the deal ensured we found a buyer that would enable United Moulders to develop and expand.
Jeremy Stoke, Chairman
Orbis worked on behalf of the sellers, IPT, to find a buyer for United Moulders. Orbis utilized its international network – Clairfield International – to help find a suitable buyer for the business.
- Identified and approached a number of strategic buyers for the business with a focus on identifying those that would support the continued growth and development of United Moulders.
- Worked closely with United Moulders management to identify key business drivers to present the business to buyers.
- Negotiated on price and terms to ensure the best deal for our client.
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the due diligence process on behalf of our client.
- Ensured effective liaison and communication with both parties and their advisors throughout the deal process to deliver a successful outcome for both parties.