ORBIS ADVISE TECHNOLOGY ONE ON THE ACQUISITION OF SCIENTIA
Technology One has a market capitalisation of £2bn with locations in six countries. It has more than 1,200 clients comprising leading corporations, government agencies, local councils, and universities.
Scientia is a world-class organisation that provides SaaS solutions for academic planning, timetabling, and resource allocation for higher education institutions. Scientia’s global solution empowers 50% of the UK and 75% of the Australian higher education market.
The acquisition is part of Technology One’s strategy to deliver student-centric, end-to-end ERP SaaS solutions for the Higher Education Sector. This amplifies Technology One’s UK business and further increases their leadership in the higher education sector.
Orbis Partners undertook a market mapping exercise to identify strategic acquisitions in the UK to enhance Technology One’s offering and advised on the acquisition.
It was a pleasure working with Technology One to advise them on this strategic and value enhancing transaction.
Shah Zaki, Partner
Orbis were retained by the company to identify strategic acquisition targets and advise on the transaction:
- Worked with Technology One to establish a clear acquisition criteria
- Researched the whole market utilising our knowledge of the sector and research databases
- Approached acquisition targets to assess their appetite for a transaction
- Advised on valuation and formulation of an offer
- Assisted in the managing the transaction process