ORBIS ADVISE ON THE SALE OF ICC GROUP TO SERVICE EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1998, ICC Group is a market leading provider of data center maintenance and managed services solutions. The company delivers customer-first solutions tailored to unique business needs with the help of its technical team across the U.K. ICC Group employs 54 staff and is headquartered in Leeds with two additional offices in Castle Donington and Basingstoke.
Service Express is an international business specialising in data centre maintenance for server, storage and networking equipment with over 4000 customers and 600 employees.
Having built the business over many years we thought long and hard about whom we trusted to sell ICC Group. We ultimately selected Orbis due to their sector expertise, access to overseas buyers and personable approach. We had engaged Orbis to prepare the business for an exit in a two-to-three-year period, however we chose to bring the process forward having achieved the target results within a much shorter timeframe. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome which will see our business offering taken to a global client base.
Leon Wheeler, CEO at ICC Group
Orbis worked with the shareholders of ICC to secure a strategic price for the business. Specifically, we:
- Spent time with the shareholders to understand the unique selling points of the business and presented these to the buyer
- Established the Key Performance Indicators (‘KPIs’) for ICC and helped prepare a data pack to incorporate the KPI
- Identified the strategic benefit to SEI in acquiring ICC. Subsequently presented these to the buyer during negotiations
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded
- Ensured effective liaison and communication between both parties and all advisors throughout the deal process to deliver a successful outcome
- Negotiated key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful completion of the deal