ORBIS ADVISE ON THE SALE OF KESTREL TO SCHUECO UK LTD
Kestrel is a nationwide fenestration systems house. It supplies quality aluminium extrusions and accessories for the fabrication of shopfronts, commercial and domestic doors, curtain walling, windows and glazed roofs. The business provides products to the commercial and domestic markets via fabricators, specifiers and contractors.
Schueco UK Ltd are based in Milton Keynes and are part of the Schüco Group based in Bielefeld Germany. The Schüco Group develops and sells system solutions for the building envelope made from aluminium, steel and PVC-U. Founded in 1951, the company is now active in more than 80 countries. Schüco works with 10,000 fabricators and 30,000 architectural practices, as well as construction professionals who commission buildings around the world.
Schueco UK Ltd and Kestrel will continue to operate as separate entities with Kestrel maintaining its Midlands base.
Orbis helped to prepare the business for a sale and subsequently advised on a discrete sale process on behalf of Kestrel’s shareholders. The Orbis team was led by Partner, Tom McCarthy, Manager, Harriet Denning and Executive, Liam Hadfield.
Having started the business in 1989 and developed it over 33 years it was important to us that the sale was handled correctly to protect the legacy and future of the company and its staff. Orbis understood this right from the start and working with them made the process as easy as possible and often enjoyable. Tom and Liam were always there to guide and support us when needed and never put us under pressure to do anything we were uncomfortable with. They are supported by a team of professionals that covered all the aspects of the process in a friendly and enjoyable way. They achieved a very good outcome for us and we feel confident for the future of the company.
Steven Shute, Majority Shareholder
Orbis worked closely with the shareholders of Kestrel on the sale process. Specifically, we:
- Utilised our knowledge of the building products market to run a targeted and competitive sales process, working with our overseas partners to identify a focussed group of strategic buyers.
- Spent time with the shareholders to understand the unique selling points of the business and presented these to the potential buyers.
- Analysed the financials of the business and presented a detailed run rate analysis in order to maximise the value for the shareholders.
- Presented the business to potential acquirers and led negotiations to secure the best deal for our clients.
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded.
- Acted as the principal contact between the Buyer and their advisors.
- Negotiated key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful and timely completion of the deal.
- Overall project management through to a successful conclusion.