On track with sale of global rail services provider in multi-million pound deal
Correl Rail is a UK based independent certification company to the rail industry. The Company specialises in the inspection and certification of railway rolling stock and carries out work for a number of leading manufacturers, as well as train operators and leasing companies. It works with manufacturers to ensure that new rolling stock is designed /manufactured in accordance with required safety and operating standards, and with operators/leasing companies to assess on-going maintenance practices and provide other technical advice. The Company services a wide client base throughout Europe, and, increasingly, Asia, leveraging the world-leading reputation of the UK regulatory regime within the industry.
Orbis were a great help to the shareholders in presenting the business to buyers to maximise the offers received. They quickly understood the main drivers underpinning our growth and so were able to ensure that buyers fully appraised the opportunity available to them. Orbis’ input helped us to secure a great deal for the shareholders and a great future for the business.
Nigel Bean, Managing Director
Correl appointed Orbis as advisers for the disposal. As part of the Clairfield International network, Orbis were able to generate a number interested parties and a total of six offers.
- Worked with shareholders to understand the key drivers of the business and the factors underpinning developments in the global marketplace
- Researched and compiled a target list of potential strategic international buyers
- Approached international buyers through the Clairfield International network
- Prepared an in-depth working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at completion
- Led the preparation and management of the financial due diligence process on behalf of the shareholders
- Secured a strategic multiple by identifying strong potential buyers and creating competitive tension in the bidding process