Sale of digital media company in a multi-million pound cross border transaction
TDP is a London-based European digital media company which is Europe’s largest B2B and affluent targeting network. TDP’s clients include high-end brands such as Harrods, Porsche, Phillips, etc.
TDP was established by Matt Gower and Chris James. Matt was the former head of Channel 4’s Digital Media sales operation. Both Matt and Chris will remain with the company, which is set to expand into Europe and Asia, as European Managing Director.
The shareholders wanted to sell / partner with an organisation which would provide TDP a platform to realise its growth potential.
Orbis Partners’ M&A expertise and their assistance in negotiating and structuring our transaction was essential in successfully concluding this deal. They showed a lot of energy throughout the transaction and were available 24×7 to deal with matters.
Matt Gower, Managing Director
Orbis advised on a sale of TDP to Martini Media, a San Francisco-based digital marketing business with an estimated worldwide audience of 120 million. Its service platform includes web, video, email and social networking.
The Shareholders believe this is an excellent deal for both parties. By combining forces the enlarged group is in a strong position to be a leading global provider in the fast growing sector of digital marketing.
- Spent time to understand the business, ensuring key selling points were identified and highlighted
- Researched, identified and approached a number of international strategic buyers
- Prepared detailed growth analysis to show the potential value of the business in order to achieve a strategic price
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the due diligence process on behalf of the shareholders
- Negotiated on price and terms to ensure the best deal for our client