Sale of IT virtualisation specialist to HCL Technologies
Point to Point (PTPL) is an End User Computing solutions provider, focusing on private and end user solutions to the Enterprise market. PTPL serves an impressive collection of enterprise clients, including St James Place, National Air Traffic Services, Premier Foods and Tarmac.
Having worked so hard to build the business we thought long and hard about whom we trusted to sell Point to Point, we ultimately selected Orbis due to their sector expertise, access to overseas buyers and personable approach. Orbis have consistently been one step ahead throughout the transaction, I couldn’t be happier with the final outcome which will see our business offering taken to a global client base.
Sandra Palmer, Co -founder and Managing Director
Orbis worked closely with the shareholders to prepare the business for an exit and identify strategic buyers who would benefit from PTPL’s growing market position, strong virtualisation skillset and managed service client base.
The buyer selected HCL Technologies who provides a wide range of services including infrastructure management, application development, business process outsourcing and technology distribution. The global group generates annual revenues of over US$ 6.1 billion with more than 100,000 employees operating across 32 countries. HCL acquired PTPL in order to add the specialist virtualisation skillset to their own offering and take it to their global portfolio of clients.
- Spent time to understand the business, ensuring key selling points were identified and highlighted.
- Utilising our partners in Clairfield, identified and approached a pool of UK and International buyers.
- Negotiated on price and terms to ensure the best deal for our client.
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded.
- Prepared in-depth working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at completion.
- Worked alongside PTPL’s tax advisor to ensure the transaction was completed in the most tax efficient manner.