Sale of Signis to Antser Group
Based in Coventry, Signis provides a range of services to promote the welfare and safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults through its two brands, Tri.x and Reconstruct. Tri.x is a market-leading provider of online procedure manuals used by some 80% of English local authority social services departments as well as an increasing number of private sector care businesses. Reconstruct provides training, consultancy and direct children’s services for both public and private sector organisations. Chief Executive Stephanie Clay remains with the business.
Antser is a part of Key Assets, an international group with a large portfolio of social care services across Australasia, North America and Europe. The acquisition provides Key Assets with a UK presence which complements its existing services, whilst providing additional resource to further develop the growth of Signis, particularly procedure manuals into the adult care sector.
Finding the right home for Signis and meeting the aspirations of shareholders, whilst ensuring the business remained focused on improving the lives of vulnerable children, families and adults, was key to our exit plans. The Orbis team worked closely with us to prepare the business for sale, identify the right buyer and, ultimately, structure a deal that worked for all parties. Their assistance proved invaluable.
John Brierley, Chairman
Orbis identified the key value drivers of Signis, focusing on their leading market position in the English Children’s Services market, generating strong levels of contract-backed recurring revenue. This core business underpinned a strategy of further growth in Children’s Services through the private sector, along with development of a service offering for Adult Services. From this, Orbis assessed a selection of buyers that could add value to Signis, in particular the provision of resources to deliver the growth strategy. Antser Group, part of Key Assets, was identified as a strong strategic fit, given their complementary service offerings, resources and ambitions.
- Prepared a detailed information memorandum and financial analysis presenting the key highlights of the business and its opportunities.
- Helped analyse the key value drivers of profitability for the business over an 18 month period.
- Created competitive tension in the bidding process by identifying a selection of strategic buyers.
- Led the preparation and review of the financial due diligence on behalf of the shareholders.
- Provided commercial advise on all aspects of the legal documents.
- Helped project manage the deal to completion whilst co-ordinating other professional advisors.