Sale of specialist provider of traffic control equipment solutions and services business
TSEU is a specialist provider of traffic control solutions and services in the urban roads market, predominately in the UK. TSEU develops a range of solutions to improve the management of local authority transport infrastructure in the face of increasing traffic congestion. The company designs, installs, supports and manages traffic solutions, ranging from the design of traffic controls through to the development of traffic management software. TSEU has offices and depots across the UK and employs approximately 200 people. The company’s key customers include the local authorities of Cambridgeshire, Kent, Glasgow and civil contractors, including Amey and Carillion. At the time of the acquisition, TSEU had a turnover in excess of £17m.
The business was acquired by Telent Limited which supplies a broad range of communications support services to telecommunications operators, as well as to large enterprises and government agencies in the UK and Germany.
It was important that we found the right strategic fit to enable TSEU to achieve its undoubted potential. Telent ticked all the right boxes.
Gary Higgins, Joint Managing Director
The deal was orchestrated by Orbis Partners. TSEU was an attractive strategic acquisition having developed an impressive range of products and services into the growing traffic management sector. We worked closely with management to identify the right buyer who would enable the business to continue to flourish.
- Spent time to understand the business, ensuring key selling points were identified and highlighted
- Researched, identified and approached a number of strategic buyers
- Prepared an in-depth working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at completion
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the due diligence process on behalf of the shareholders
- Negotiated on price and terms to ensure the best deal for our client