ORBIS ADVISES ON THE SALE OF CPI CARE TO ENVIVO GROUP AND CIVITAS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
CPI is a provider of specialist 24-hour domiciliary care to adults with high support needs. With a capacity of 53 beds across 15 properties, CPI provide specialist packages of care to adults who present with a mix of learning, mental health and physical conditions. The Company has experienced strong growth over recent years due to market-leading occupancy levels and the opening of several development centres teaching independent living skills.
Orbis advised the shareholders of CPI on the sale of the business to Envivo Group and Civitas Investment Management (“CIM”) for an undisclosed strategic price. The deal was led by Partner Shah Zaki and Director Steve Nock with support from Executive George Twogood.
I started CPI many years ago and as a project it has been close to my heart. Finding the right buyer and home for the business was key. With their track record and knowledge of the healthcare services market, Orbis were always my advisor of choice. They have provided a hands-on, professional service from start to finish and have delivered an outstanding result.
Jamie Morgan, Shareholder and Founder of CPI
Orbis worked closely with the shareholders to prepare the business for sale and execute a transaction. Specifically, we:
- Spent time with the shareholders to understand the unique selling points of the business and presented these in the Information Memorandum
- Utilised our in-depth knowledge of the healthcare market to identify a number of strategic buyers who understood the key value drivers of the business and the potential for future growth
- Helped to produce a detailed financial model to help present CPI’s growth potential
- Presented the business to potential buyers, securing and negotiating multiple offers
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded
- Ensured effective liaison and communication between both parties and all advisors throughout the deal process to deliver a successful outcome
- Negotiated key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful completion of the deal.