Pioneering Staffordshire blood screening business sold to European group
Sanguin is world leading supplier of blood processing software with a world-class customer portfolio of international blue chip companies and national blood organisations.
Established in 1983, Sanguin achieved worldwide recognition in providing new and innovative ranges of software for laboratory automation.
Orbis acted as lead advisors to the shareholders on the disposal of the business to German firm Stratec Biomedical Systems AG. We added value to this transaction with the team’s specialist healthcare and technology experience and industry contacts.
Sanguin’s innovative software provided a complementary extension to Stratec’s established suite of instruments, which enabled access to new and growing markets.
- Worked with shareholders to understand the key drivers of the business
- Researched and compiled a target list of potential strategic international buyers
- Prepared an in-depth working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at completion
- Led the preparation and review of the financial due diligence on behalf of the shareholders
- Secured a strategic multiple by identifying strong potential buyers and creating competitive tension in the bidding process. We received a number of offers from an international buyer pool, including Germany, France and the US