SALE OF VOICE MOBILE TO DAISY GROUP
Orbis Partners advised the shareholders of Voice Mobile (Voice Holdings Limited), a leading provider of mobile phone solutions on its sale to Daisy Group (Daisy Group Limited) a business ISP and IT supplier.
Voice Mobile, headquartered at Fort Dunlop, Birmingham was formed in 2001 and is one of the largest independent suppliers of mobile phone solutions in the UK. The Company is a key distribution partner for EE, delivering corporate and consumer mobile phone solutions over the EE network. Voice works with a number of high-profile corporate clients including the Birmingham City Football Club and Warburtons.
Daisy is the UK’s largest independent provider of end-to-end business IT, communications and cloud services. Voice Mobile will become part of the Daisy Distribution division with the Company’s relationship with EE complimenting Daisy’s existing distribution agreements with Vodaphone and O2.
“I am delighted that Orbis found a strategic buyer (Daisy Group) for the business that will allow Voice Mobile to continue to grow and succeed as an EE centre of excellence, with our team continuing to provide the experience and expertise that has been so important over the last 17 years. The guidance and support provided by Orbis has been invaluable.”
Dean Sale, Director and Shareholder
Orbis established the key value drivers of Voice Mobile which included their operating systems and the strength of its relationship with EE. Orbis identified a selection of buyers that could add value to Voice Mobile and take the business forward. Daisy, with their acquisition strategy and existing distribution agreements with Vodaphone and O2 were identified as a strong strategic fit.
- Invested time in understanding the business, ensuring key selling points were identified and highlighted in the information memorandum.
- Identified a strong strategic buyer which maintained the standard and values of the current business.
- Negotiated on price and terms to ensure the best deal for the shareholders of Voice Mobile.
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the due diligence process on behalf of the shareholders.
- Prepared working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at completion.
- Assisted with negotiating key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful completion of the deal.