ORBIS ADVISES ON THE SALE OF SPECIALIST EDUCATION PROVIDER - TRINITY
Established in 1998, Trinity is an independent day school providing specialist education for children and young people with anxiety, communication difficulties and high-functioning autism. Based in Rochester, Kent, Trinity has developed excellent relationships with a number of local authorities, supplying a specialised learning environment for both statemented and privately funded pupils.
The business was sold to Cavendish Education and Training Limited in a transaction lead by Orbis Partners Ltd. The acquisition of Trinity will add to Cavendish’s growing portfolio and will provide expertise in the provision of specialist learning to young adults between the ages of 19 and 25.
Orbis have worked with Trinity for a number of years and were delighted to secure a strategic value for the shareholders.
We have worked closely with the shareholders of Trinity for a number of years in planning their exit strategy. We identified Cavendish as a strong strategic buyer at the start of the transaction and are delighted to have concluded a deal that provides an excellent home for the business.
Shah Zaki, Partner
Having worked closely with Trinity for a number of years, Orbis had a well-rounded understanding of the business. With this knowledge, Orbis were able to identify Cavendish as a buyer with similar core values and a strong appetite to expand their portfolio of specialist education schools.
Strong and open communication between Trinity and Orbis helped to achieve a great deal for both parties.
- Spent time with the shareholders to understand the unique selling points of the business and presented these in the IM.
- Identified a strong strategic buyer which maintained the standard and values of the current business.
- Managed the preparation and flow of information throughout the diligence process to ensure commercially sensitive information was safeguarded.
- Prepared in-depth working capital and net debt analysis to maximise net proceeds at
- Assisted with negotiating key commercial aspects of the legal documents to ensure the successful completion of the deal.